[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:37:50 +0000

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 4:39 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > On Tuesday 19 November 2002 3:00 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
> > > However, the site in question now feels a bit slower than it used t=
o.

> > Over a network tcp, localhost tcp, or unix socket?
> >
> > If tcp, could you try using tcpdump and see if anything looks unusual=
?

> I expect it's his ZEO cache.  Cache flips ever 40 seconds is not good.

I didnt think the cache size/characteristics had changed since ZEO 1? I h=
ad=20
assumed that his ZEO 1 cache would have been flipping at the same rate, b=
ut=20
without the log message he would never know.

Even if its not the underlying cause, it could be increasing the impact o=
f=20
some other problem.