[ZODB-Dev] deadlock prevention for ZODB3 / Zope 2.6

Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:46:46 +0000

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 5:13 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> We intend to include this change in Zope 2.6.1.

I am seeing some other log messages from some of my products which hook i=
nto=20
the transaction machinery. My first impression is that there may be probl=
em=20
with this change although I havent had a chance to investigate.

Is there a deadline for 2.6.1? I would like to find the time to investiga=
te my=20
problem before 2.6.1 goes out the door.

> My one worry is that it probably isn't possible to pick a good
> sortKey() in the base class.  But maybe the DA's don't use Python
> locks around the 2PC, in which case it doesn't really matter.

I cant image that this change is going to produce a deadlock in a system =
which=20
has never seen one so far. right?