[ZODB-Dev] FreeTxn upstream?

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:14:45 -0200

Hi there,

Since we've seen a lot of great work on the ZEO and ZODB lately, I was
wondering if we could revisit kapil's implementation of
transaction-per-connection and see if it can be merged upstream (since
we would like to stay compatible to standard ZODB).

Has anyone had a further look at it? I see Jim saying "In the future,
you'll be able to control it by explictly associating transactions with
connections.", and kapil's implementation of it -- has this been
shrugged off as not interesting, poor implementation, or just because
nobody had the time to look at it?

It would solve mine and Magnus' problem, and make for a more flexible
and featureful ZODB in the long run.

Take care,