[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 project plan

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:21:20 -0500

> > > It's one of the main reasons why we chose to use the ZODB, even though
> > > it lacked indexing, queries, GUI management tools, object migration..
> >
> > Can you explain how you use them?
>
> By using undo()? Or are we talking about something else here?

Yes, we're definitely talking about something else.  Undo uses
ZODB transactions, not ZODB versions.

So far, in this thread, I've seen not one person saying that they use
ZODB versions for anything at all.  A few posters claimed that they
can think of a use case, but that sounds like a typical YAGNI.

Death to ZODB versions.  Long live transactional undo.