[ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 project plan

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:57:30 -0200

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 02:54:55AM +0100, Magnus Lycka wrote:
> At 23:32 2002-11-27 -0200, Christian Reis wrote:
> >Isn't this true only if you have separate transaction contexts -- IOW,
> >separate threads? I don't think Magnus' app does.
>
> We run wxPython in the same process (and one and only thread) as
> ZODB. No multi-user on that level. My plan is that ZEO will be used
> to provide a multi-user solution. Will different ZEO clients working
> agains a server provide separate transaction contexts?

(No multi-user, but if an instance can be changed simultaneously in two
separate interfaces, you have the same problem AFAICT, which is what
bites us here with Stoq)

Answering your question, yes, since they use separate processes with
their own connections.  You'll have to look our for ConflictErrors of
course :-)

Take care,