[ZODB-Dev] undo and zodb

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:04:32 -0400

    TD> No, and that sucks. I am considering extending
    TD> DirectoryStorage.Full with an automatic background packing
    TD> process that uses per-object history-level settings. This will
    TD> be useful in this scenario plus many more.

Do you have an API in mind for that?  I've been hacking on Autopack, a
very simple and minimal Berkeley storage with no undo or versions.  It
would still store some number of object revisions for a short period
of time, primarily for performance reasons.  It has an autopack()
method, but I'm still teasing out the semantics of that.  The idea
would be to have a storage-wide setting controlling how far back
transactions would be kept, although you wouldn't be able to access
those older transactions through the api.

Of an on, we've talked about per-object controls, but we've never
gotten very far.

-Barry