[ZODB-Dev] zeo 2: asyncore?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:22:54 -0400

  >> Zope and ZEO start fine (as evidenced by no dire warnings in the
  >> stupid log files), but then when I go to access them in the
  >> browser, it times out.

  GvR> So the ZEO server's log file confirms that it sees the Zope
  GvR> client connecting, and the Zope client's log file shows it
  GvR> successfully connecting to ZEO?

Excellent questions.  Here are a few related ones:

When you start ZEO, are you sure that it is listening on the socket?
You can check that a ZEO server is running by telneting to it.
There's not much you can usefully do, but the very first thing the
server will do is send a protocol id -- Z200.  Do you see that when
you connect to your ZEO server?

> python ZEO/start.py -s -p 2345 &
> telnet localhost 2345
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Z200
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

If you set the STUPID_LOG_SEVERITY to -100, it should show every
method invoked on the ZSS by the client.  If you can send me a copy of
that output, I might be able to offer more help.

Jeremy