[ZODB-Dev] zeo 2: asyncore?

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:23:49 -0400

On 05 September 2002, Mark McEahern said:
> However, subsequent tries timeout:
>
>   Trying 127.0.0.1...
>   Connected to localhost.
>   Escape character is '^]'.
>
> After five seconds...
>
>   Connection closed by foreign host.

That's not a timeout -- that's the web server closing its socket on you.
Most TCP applications have timeouts of several minutes.

Another thing you should try is writing a little Python script that
connects to your ZEO server and pokes around (eg. dump the root object).
Something like this:

  from pprint import pprint
  from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
  from ZODB.DB import DB

  s = ClientStorage(("localhost", zeo_port))
  db = DB(s)
  conn = db.open()
  pprint(conn.root())

Run that several times.  Run a couple simultaneously if you can.  (Hint:
add time.sleep() calls.)  That might help isolate whether ZEO or Zope is
the problem.  (Err, I'm assuming you're using Zope's HTTP server, and
not putting Apache or something in front of it.)  (And please don't ask
me any Zope questions: my Zope knowledge is at least 2 years
out-of-date!)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org