[ZODB-Dev] zeo 2 working!

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:44:58 -0500

I appreciate all the help I've gotten from folks on this list trying to
solve my problems getting Zope and ZEO working.  I just wanted to give you
an update.  I'm using the chrism-install-branch from Zope CVS and the latest
version of ZEO from CVS.  That now works!  Well, I'd qualify that to say
I've really only tested it in a Hello World sort of way (login to ZMI, look
at Control Panel, Database Management, "Hey, it looks like ZEO--and I
actually got this far!").

I documented that particular installation as scenario 3 here:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/mmceahern/installing_zeo/index_html#scenario3

The thing I most like about the chrism-install-branch is that it
consolidates the hodge podge of Zope and ZEO configuration settings into a
single Apache-style configuration file (the comparison to Apache is too
generous to httpd.conf because zope.conf is much cleaner imho).

This may not be the correct place to ask, but does anybody know when/whether
that branch is likely to:

  1) make it onto the trunk;
  2) be released.

Thanks,