[ZODB-Dev] Blather

Magnus Heino magnus.heino@pleon.sigma.se
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 20:28:20 +0200

>   MH> ZEO2 outputs too many logs at level BLATHER.
>
>   MH> Could these please be changed to DEBUG or something?
>
> But I like having them at BLATHER level :-).

I guess so ;-)

>   MH> ZODB and VerboseSecurity output useful logs at BLATHER, but they
>   MH> drown in the flood of ZEO2 logs.. ;)
>
> Are there good rules of thumb for what level to log things at?  It's
> hard to know how to split log messages across multiple levels.  I
> assumed that anything below INFO level was for debugging only.
>
> What do ZODB and VerboseSecurity log at the BLATHER level?

2002-09-12T17:55:53 BLATHER(-100) VerboseSecurity Unauthorized: Your user=
=20
account does not have the required permission.  Access to 'manage' of=20
(Application instance at 8b9cf90) denied. Your user account, Anonymous Us=
er,=20
exists at /acl_users. Access requires one of the following roles:=20
['Manager']. Your roles in this context are ['Anonymous'].

2002-09-12T17:56:57 BLATHER(-100) ZODB Commiting subtransaction of size=20
2909677

Maybe its Shanes VerboseSecurity product that should use INFO, cause all =
it=20
does is output those logs... I mean, if you have it installed, you probab=
ly=20
want to see the logs.

--=20

  /Magnus Heino