[ZODB-Dev] replicated ZEO idea

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:15:05 +1000

>>> Toby Dickenson wrote
> I have been thinking about the storages 'copyTransactionsFrom' method, which
> uses another storages 'iterator' method to copy all of the transactions from
> one storage to another. This is usually used for transferring data between
> different storage implementations, but I think this technique could also be
> used as the basis for a lightweight replication option....

Packing storage A would result in needing to re-sync the whole storage,
wouldn't it? What would happen if storage B (the target storage) got
packed?

It seems to me like the way to do this would be to make sure the normal
clients of storage B are always in read-only mode... otherwise you're going
to be in a potential world of pain...

Anthony