[ZODB-Dev] ExternalMount, FileStorage and Undo

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 11:56:03 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> What is the problem with undo and mounted storages?
>
> Zope undo currently looks only at the main database. For mounted storages,
> you want it to look at the mounted database where you are, or at all
> databases,
> which is much harder.

FWIW, we have packing working on multiple mounted FileStorages where only some
of the mounted DBs should be packed.

>> Could there be a problem mounting many FileStorage in one base instance?
>
> Not that I know of, but no one has tried it.

We have a couple of large ClientStorages (well, the FileStorage's on the
StorageServer are large ;-) mounted into another ClientStorage. Not sure if that
counts as 'many' :-S

As Jim said, Undo goes weird, but we did find it almost usable, IIRC. Then
again, I may be remembering somethign different :-S

cheers,

Chris - is it just me or is it Monday? Hmmm... probably both...