[ZODB-Dev] replicated ZEO idea

Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:19:20 +0100

On Wednesday 18 Sep 2002 6:35 pm, Christian Reis wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:25:24PM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > 2. connect to ZEO server A, and use the 'iterator' method to learn ab=
out
> > all transactions more recent than B
>
> An offshot (though rather unrelated) question:
>
> Having a transaction iterator in your hand, can you get from it it
> what instance(s) were affected, and the data changes involved?

You get 'everything'....

For each transaction you get the transaction id (from which you can deter=
mine=20
timestamp), user name, Zope path, and an iterator for every object modifi=
ed=20
in that transaction

For each object, you get oid, new serial number (but not old), version, a=
nd=20
the pickled instance state.

Of course you can get other things by unpickling the instance state.

Including the version string with the object properties is curious; I tho=
ught=20
that was a transaction property, not object property.