[ZODB-Dev] ZEO packing

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 09:34:07 +0100

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> I propose changing StorageServer to check "if wait:" rather than
> "if wait is not None:" so that passing wait=0 has the expected effect.

That would seem sensible.

> Do we
> want the default to be blocking or non-blocking?

Well, historically it has been non-blocking but I think that's a bad thing.
In both scripted calls and through the web calls, the instant return (with no
explanatory message) indicates that the pakc has been completed, and very
quickly too ;-)

This can lead to monkey pounding TTW, or excessive calling if done from a script
in a loop (this bit me in the past)

I'd prefer to see the default as blocking, but that's just me.

cheers,

Chris