[ZODB-Dev] Catalog Search exposes BTrees bug?

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:56:14 -0400

[Jeremy Hylton]
> We recently backported the BTrees bug fixes from the trunk to the 2.5
> branch.  I'd just update your code to use the latest 2.5 and not worry
> about subtle compatibility issues between 2.5 and 2.6.
>
> I've verified that the unit tests still pass, but I didn't do any
> further testing.

Let me add that part of this backport (thank Matt Kromer!) included beefing
up the BTree unit tests in significant ways:  every cause of BTree
unhappiness that got fixed is covered by at least one of the new BTree unit
tests.  Since the 2.5 unit tests passed before this backport too, despite
the BTree bugs present there, it would have been small comfort if they had
stayed the same and merely still passed <wink>.