[ZODB-Dev] ZEO packing

Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:32:04 +0100

> >>What about if you're working remotely and don't have access to the lo=
gs?

> > Personally I have my zLOG logs directed to syslog along with *everyth=
ing*
> > else, and I use http://www.psionic.com/products/logsentry.html to ema=
il
> > me any highlights. Logsentry should work with a stupid log too.
>
> Ah, but like the 'using CVS versions of software happily' issue, I thin=
> you're in the minority here...

Could be. How do you read error logs from zope? error logs from every oth=
er=20
service installed on the same machine?

> Hmmm... could zLOG stfuf be made to go to one of Shane's fantastic erro=
> logger things?

So you can read it TTW? Why not just use one of the many external file=20
products?

(note that Shanes SiteErrorLog already has an option to send its messages=
 to=20
zLOG. An option to send messages the other way is in danger of ringing.)