[ZODB-Dev] give an advice please

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:45:23 -0300

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:05:35PM +0300, Ruslan Spivak wrote:
> In my application there is 'client' table in oracle with foreign keys
> to another tables, I just want now to convert my relation model to
> zodb to try.

If you are interested, you can check out IndexedCatalog, which offers a
Catalog-like class with query() functionality. The Catalog offers a
mechanism similar to a table in the sense that it groups together
similar objects, allowing them to be conveniently retrieved as desired.
Find IndexedCatalog at www.async.com.br/projects/IndexedCatalog/

Greg is very correct in saying objects are much easier to manage in the
ZODB than rows in a relational table. You just need to take care about
consistency of data, since Python and ZODB are very flexible indeed.

Take care,