SecureZEO rehash, was Re: [ZODB-Dev] ZEO signal feature

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:08:26 -0300

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 04:06:37PM +0800, Tim Hoffman wrote:

> ensure that some ZEO clients can not write to the ZODB,
> and iptables doesn't look at zope-rpc calls so it can't say
> whoa there, you can't write. All it can do is say you can or can't

Well, there is a string filter, and a module for zrpc filtering for
iptables would be easy to write (wink, wink), so there could be other
alternatives. I still think authentication isn't outside the scope of
ZEO, generically.

Take care,