[ZODB-Dev] is there a way to add one's own resource manager in ZODB 3?

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:13:29 -0400

  UM> Is it possible to write a cusom transactional resource manager
  UM> to participate in ZODB transactions? I've looked into
  UM> http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Developer/Models/ZODB and was
  UM> left with the impression that there was no provision for that

It's possible.  You can register any object with the current
transaction.  The object must either implement the resource manager
interface or have an _p_jar attribute that implements it.  I'm not
entirely sure what the interface is, but Connection implements it and
so do helpers in DB -- AbortVersion, CommitVersion, TransactionalUndo.

Jeremy