[ZODB-Dev] Ape questions

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
03 Apr 2003 08:23:00 -0500

I have a question about caching with Ape.  This may actually apply to
any Storage implementation, I'm not sure.

I want to do something along the lines of this clustered configuration.

1) zopeserver1, zopeserver2, zopeserver3 all connect to zeoserver1
2) zopeserver4, zopeserver5, zopeserver6 all connect to zeoserver2
3) zoeserver1 and zeoserver2 run their own root Data.fs' but connect to
sqlserver1 to read a common set of business data (via Ape)

What clustering could/should I enable there?  Clustering on the zeo
servers?  Obviously having to run with caching turned off will be a
major performance blow.  Also, is more work required (or is it even
possible) to have both the zeo servers talk to the same sql database to
get data via Ape?

Regards,
Rocky