[ZODB-Dev] TemporaryStorage and ZEO2

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
04 Apr 2003 11:54:38 -0500

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 06:52, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> So far I got this working, but to do so I had to subclass
> TemporaryStorage and adding three methods to this subclass:
> supportsTransactionalUndo, supportsVersion and supportsUndo (all
> returning 0). ZEO2 seems to assume that these attributes are available
> on the Storage implementation.
>
> Now the question: is there any reason for TemporaryStorage not to
> implement these methods? (other than, maybe, noone got arround doing
> so yet :)

The supportsVersions() and supportsUndo() methods have been part of the
storage API for a long time.  TemporaryStorage should support them.
The supportsTransactionalUndo() method is a newer part of the API, but
TemporaryStorage should still support it.  In the txn undo case, though,
you could argue that ZEO2 should do a hasattr() first.  But I'd rather
not bother.

Jeremy