[ZODB-Dev] Re: automatically clearing _v_ attributes

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:20:37 +0200

>>Regarding Steve's suggestion:
>> > I'd like to see attributes that get cleared at transaction boundaries
>> > made a first-class feature of the ZODB.
>> > This might be implemented for attributes starting with _x_ where x is
>> > The letter of your choice, following a similar pattern to _v_ and _p_
>> > attributes.
>>
>>It would be also very useful. _v_ is volatile, but not volatile enough...
>
> Yes, I like this idea too.

Is there any way that something like descriptors can be made to work
with ExtensionClass ?

I know that there's already ComputedAttribute, but that works for
getting the attribute only.

If there were something equivalent to Python2.2 property descriptors for
ExtensionClass then this would ease the transition from ZODB 3 to ZODB 4
for people who want to do that at some point, and attributes that get
cleared at transaction boundaries could be implemented as such a descriptor.

It is straightforward to write a such a descriptor for ZODB 4.

--
Steve Alexander