[ZODB-Dev] embedded null bytes in python strings?

rys mccusker david@treedragon.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:33:21 -0700

can python strings contain bytes equal to 0x00?

I.e. can strings contain arbitrary binary data?

I ask here because I thought it might take awhile to find
the answer in an online search for a minor issue.

on a related note, perhaps automated python interface
generation using SWIG is most friendly to C style strings
with null termination.  is there a SWIG approach which
favors binary data and strings?

sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such questions.
It's only incidentally related to zodb, because we are
trying to integrate with zodb in these interfaces.

Rys