[ZODB-Dev] [Bug] FileStorage packing looses data

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:23:22 +0200

Jeremy Hylton wrote at 2003-4-10 13:11 -0400:
 > On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 06:18, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > It actually picks an invalid location?!?

It does indeed.

Respective unit tests added to

  <http://collector.zope.org/Zope/875>

 > I don't see an error in the argument, but the logic of pack() is
 > complicated enough that I don't have a lot of confidence.  Would you
 > care to develop a patch?

This is already done. Attached to the collector record.

 > There's a test -- checkPackVersionsInPast,
 > currently disabled -- that provides at least a minimal test of the
 > behavior.

All (enabled) tests pass with the patch.

I will try to locate and enable the test you mention above
and see whether it, too, passes.

Dieter