[ZODB-Dev] Ape and ConflictError's

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 13:16:47 -0400

Rocky Burt wrote:
> I've changed scenarios somewhat.  I just realized that I haven't been
> getting the error from using PostgreSQL but rather Oracle8i (my Ape
> modifications have been for making Ape work with other RDBMS').

FYI, last night I stole some time and changed Ape to generate all of the
SQL queries.  The changes are based on experience gained from fitting
Ape to MySQL.  It's my hope that integrating with MySQL and Oracle will
require subclassing only the relational connection class.

> I log all SQL occurring.  And I'm noticing that there are some updates
> occurring even though I'm simply viewing /MySite/Data (getting the Plone
> UI in my browser as a result of course).
>
> I've attached my log as a gzipped text file.  Would someone (Shane?)
> mind helping me diagnose this a little further?

Well, it's hard to make sense of that log.  You might consider turning
on the APE_MAPPER_DEBUG environment variable to spew even more info, but
the raw info would probably be too voluminous to send to the mailing list.

> If at any time I'm asking a bit too much from the list, please someone
> let me know.

In the Zope community, you can generally get all the help you need if
you just stay communicative.  Don't worry about asking hard questions.
If a question is too hard, no one will be offended, but no one will
answer, either. ;-)

Shane