[ZODB-Dev] snapshot isolation how-to

Adam Groszer adamg@mailbox.hu
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:29:07 +0200

Dear All,

I'd like to ask, how-to use the snapshot (or ReadCommitted) isolation level
with ZODB.
I already downloaded the patch
http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/ReadCommitted.pat
tried it with 3.1, 3.2a1, read the "[Ann] "ReadCommitted" transaction
isolation level" and "Re: [Zope-dev] Conflict reduced BTrees for catalogin"
threads but am still confused.
My current problem is that I still get (read)ConflictErrors on OOBucket's.

My goal is to write a server-app which is more or less a database server for
GUI based clients. ZODB is used instead of an RDMBS.
Transactions can take a long time to finish.
It is not possible to pre-load modified objects, because I cannot predict
which will be modified.

please help, how to solve the problem.

Adam