[ZODB-Dev] snapshot isolation how-to

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
16 Apr 2003 10:54:34 -0400

On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 16:43, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> It's an experimental feature.  It binds transactions to the connection
> rather than the thread, allowing you to run multiple transactions in a
> single thread.  Use of setLocalTransaction() is not generally compatible
> with Zope.

I was wondering, though, how a local transaction becomes unset.  I think
we need to flesh out the interface a bit more.  It looks like a
connection that calls setLocalTransaction() can only participate in one
transaction.  I don't see any code that clears _transaction when it
commits.

I'm also not clear on what happens when a Connection calls
getTransaction() before setLocalTransaction().  It looks like the
Connection will get hooked up to two transactions.

Jeremy