[ZODB-Dev] errors in zodb after packing

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Apr 17 21:40:41 EDT 2003

Luca Olivetti wrote at 2003-4-16 20:09 +0200:

 > > I doubt it, my users didn't complain about data loss and everything
 > > seems to work fine even with this error.
 >
 > Ok, no dataloss but it's surely related and easily reproducible.
 > On a clean zope 2.6.1 install I created a folder (named "prueba") inside
 > it a dtml document (named "prueba").
 > Deleted the dtml document, undid the delete, packed and I had it:
 >
 > 1359162 object serialno 0x034c4b35dde1c108 does not matchtransaction id
 > 0x034c4b3a6d6c39e6

This means resolving backpointers creates the serial mismatch:

  When you pack to a time before the delete, the backpointer
  is adjusted (not resolved) and you get the problem
  described in "875". When you pack to a time after the "undo",
  the backpointer is resolved and you seem to get
  the serial mismatch.

Dieter