[ZODB-Dev] weakref and Persistent

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Wed Apr 23 17:02:14 EDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:54:23 -0400
 "Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> support
> >>   weak references also this is not difficult.
> >>
> >> As you found out "ZODB.Persistence.Persistent" does
> not
> >> do this.
> >
> >I think it could, but I've got no time to do it.
> >
> >Jeremy
>
> Looks like you already did it in ZODB4:

Oh, right ;-).

In ZODB4, instances of Persistent classes are just
instances.  So they get weakref-ability from type.

In ZODB3, there's probably no hope.  I expect it would be a
lot of work to add this feature to ExtensionClass.  Since
ZODB4 will make ExtensionClass obsolete, it's not worth the
effort.

Jeremy