[ZODB-Dev] Cannot subclass OOBTree - __delitem__ missing

Gfeller Martin Martin.Gfeller at comit.ch
Mon Aug 11 12:03:21 EDT 2003

Dear all,

I'm having continuous problems with B-Trees. I cannot subclass an OOBTree, as the __delitem__ method is not defined (despite Btrees.Interfaces.IMinimalDictionary.__delitem__() seems to indicate that it is available).

>>> from BTrees import OOBTree
>>> class myBTree(OOBTree.OOBTree):
... 	pass
>>> bt = myBTree()
>>> bt['a'] = 1
>>> del bt['a']
Traceback (most recent call last):
AttributeError: __delitem__

This is using Zope 2.6.2b4. If it is indeed a bug, I would appreciate if somebody could fix it (I'm not speaking enough C for this). If it is not a bug, please tell me what I should use instead.

Thank you and best regards,
Martin Gfeller

COMIT Gruppe
Risk Advice Services