[ZODB-Dev] Using BerkeleyDB

Harald Koschinski harald.koschinski at friatec.de
Tue Aug 12 16:58:47 EDT 2003

Hi,

Barry Warsaw wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 21:35, Richard Jones wrote:
>

>>I grabbed the latest bsddb3Storage-2.0beta2 and then hit another brick
>>wall. I get the feeling that I'm being far too enthusiastic an early
>>adopter...
>>

>Don't use this -- it's very old.  If you remind me where you got it,
>I'll make sure no one else accidently uses it <wink>
>
>You either want to use ZODB 3.2 beta 1 or grab ZODB 4 from the Zope 3
>CVS tree.  Either one of those will have the latest BerkeleyDB based
>storage code (modulo a few minor not-yet-backported patches).  The
>Berkeley storages were not distributed with Zope 2.6, but will with Zope
>2.7.  I'm no longer making separate Berkeley storage releases.

Can you give me please a hint, how to get Zope 2.6.x with
BerkeleyStorage running - what are the packages I have to use.
Is there a stable (for production use) running combination of Zope,
zodb, bsdstorage, zeo  available or is it now a bad time and I have to
wait for Zope 2.7
which has all the wonderfull packages like zeo, bsdstorage, dbtab included.

Thanks for your help

Harald