[ZODB-Dev] What are the ZopeDB limit?

Michele Bendazzoli mickymouse at mickymouse.it
Mon Aug 18 14:55:27 EDT 2003

I hope this is the right place to post my question.
My apologies if it is not.

I'm going to develop a web application to manage a potentially very
large db using zope + postgresql.
While the features of zope+postgresql seems to me sufficient I'm looking
to the plone+archetypes combination to have a unique and coerent
interface to my system.
While Plone give me a nice platform to give dynamic content to the user
and archetypes seem to resolve the problem of integrate in Plone a new
type of content tailored for my needs stored in the relational database
I wonder if the fact that archetypes stores the row's objects in the
zopedb can create future problem of performances and/or scalability
and/or robustness.

What do you think of?

TIA

ciao, Michele