[ZODB-Dev] Configuring Zope 2.7b1 clients for ZEO usage

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Mon Aug 18 18:34:10 EDT 2003

Right.  The basic gist is:

<zodb_db>
  mount-point /
  <zeoclient>
     storage 1
     cache-size 20000000
     name zeostorage
     client myhostname
     var $INSTANCE/var
  </zeoclient>
</zodb_db>

zodb_db parameters: mount-point is the mount point within the ZODB.

zeoclient parameters: storage is the storage name on the ZEO server
(typically '1' or 'main'), cache-size is the ZEO client cache size in
bytes, name is the name of the storage (useful if you mount multiple
storages), client enables persistent cache files, and var says where
to put them.

There are other options you can explore within
lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml and
lib/python/ZODB/component.xml, but this should get you going.