[ZODB-Dev] StorageTransaction Errors

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Aug 25 22:49:09 EDT 2003

Joachim Werner wrote at 2003-8-25 15:21 +0200:
 > I am using ZEO and Zope:
 >
 > - Python 2.2.3
 > - ZODB3-3.2b2 (for ZEO)
 > - Zope 2.6.2b2 (from source),
 >
 > on SuSE Linux 8.2.
 >
 > I am getting this error from time to time:
 >
 > Error Type: StorageTransactionError
 > Error Value: Multiple simultaneous tpc_begin requests from one client.

Looks like a race condition: some ZEO server request forgets
to obtain the storage lock.

Maybe, an upgrade will help you.

 > The console output on the ZEO client is:
 >
 > 2003-08-25T14:43:08 PANIC(300) ZODB A storage error occurred in the last
 > phase of a two-phase commit.  This shouldn't happen.
 > The application will not be allowed to commit until the site/storage is
 > reset by a restart.
 >      s = self._seriald[oid]
 > KeyError: ^@^@^@^@^@^FÈ´
 >
 > After the error has occured the Zope instance doesn't write any more.
 > Any attempt to write ends with the error above.

This is as the error message tells you:

  You need to (at least) restart the ZEO client, maybe even the ZEO server.

 > What is this about? Can I fix this by upgrading to a later version?

Maybe. Jeremy is thrashing out bugs in ZEO at a high rate.
You have a good chance.

Dieter