[ZODB-Dev] Odd output from checkbtrees.py

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 28 16:55:35 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 07:19:07PM +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote at 2003-8-27 18:33 -0400:
>  > On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 11:39:18AM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
>  > > DCWorkflow doesn't use BTrees.  My guess is that checkbtrees is actually
>  > > traversing a single object many times, making it a bug in checkbtrees.
>  >
>  > Correct. And in fact, there were 2 issues to deal with:
>  > 1) obj.__dict__.items() sometimes picks things up
>  > through acquisition, as demonstrated by the problem with DCWorkflow
>  > transitions (and states, BTW).
>
> I do not want to believe this.
>
> It is impossible unless someone defined "__dict__= Acquired".
> And this is only possible with special classes implemented in C.

Nevertheless, go into your debugger, get a ZODB connection to a
database that contains at least one DCWorkflow stuff, find an instance of
TransactionDefinition, and you will see that its __dict__ contains
items from its container.

I would paste an example but I am having network trouble - can't get
to the server where my DCWorkflow stuff is.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com