[ZODB-Dev] ZEO cache failed to invalidate... OK now

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Aug 29 16:12:52 EDT 2003

Earlier (on zope-dev list) there was a thread about
ZEO failing to invalidate caches at times. I could reproducibly
edit something on one zeo client and see the other zeo client fail to
get the changes until restart or cache purge.

I'm happy to say that this seems to be fixed in ZEO from ZODB-3.1.2.

Stupidly, I now can't seem to figure out exactly what versions of
ZEO I had on all servers when I observed the problem. I thought
it was the same ZODB-3.1.2 version but now I suspect not.
In at least one case demonstrating the bug, I know that a client was
running ZEO from the ZEO-2.0 tarball.

FYI, during investigation, I observed that the "bad" zeo client
would get a line like this in the log every time i tried to load
the changed object:

2003-08-29T11:08:47 PROBLEM(100) ZCS:14332 Invalidate('\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x05\
xd0\\', '') failed for _db: keys

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com