[ZODB-Dev] RE: ZEO server hang

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Aug 29 18:36:42 EDT 2003

[Jeremy]
>> Have you tried your solution?  Working code would encourage us to
>> find an explanation for why it works :-).

[Ehle, Brandon]
> Didn't help me, I've still gotten the hang 3 times this morning with
> that change.

Did you also get the

    assert self._client is None

assertion failure again, or did that go away?  "A hang" can have too many
causes to figure out, but an assertion failure is a smoking gun.  Provided
it's still there, Jeremy can follow the smoke to the barrel, put the barrel
in his mouth, and keep pulling the trigger until the cause becomes obvious
<wink>.