[ZODB-Dev] [ZODB3.1] easily reproducible deadlock

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 5 02:12:52 EST 2003

I have an appliciation that (for modularity reasons)
opens two separate ZODB connections to the same ZEO server and
the same storage. When both connections are affected by a transaction,
deadlock occurs when the transaction commits.
The ZEO server reports in this situation:

   Transaction blocked waiting for storage. Clients waiting: 1.

   It never unblocks the transaction.

I fear I understand why this happens and that it will not be easy to
fix.

If you think this is a bug, I can provide a simple unit test
reproducing this behaviour.

--
Dieter