[ZODB-Dev] Object Versions Used by ZODB, is there an object attribute for it ?

Norfleet, Sheppard S. sheppard.norfleet at ngc.com
Thu Dec 11 13:44:38 EST 2003

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

_p_oid is the object id attribute that every object has, so I was wondering
is there another attribute like _p_oid that has the latest transaction
version of the object? (ex: _p_vid, _p_version, etc)

The reason I need it is to determine if the object has changed for cacheing
purposes.

But, if there is not , is there another way to find out?  getVersion()  I
noticed fileStorage has a _getVersion but nothing seems to call it, at least
grep indicates that.

I also noticed that the undo web form has a date of the last change, perhaps
I could capture the same information and use that as a last resort...

Thanks for any ideas,

Shep Norfleet