[ZODB-Dev] ZODB.POSException.ReadConflictError

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Sun Dec 21 00:03:39 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 06:21, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>   *  Jeremy has designed an MVCC (MultiVersion Concurrency Control)
>      protocol that is similar to the above patch but does
>      not suffer the inconsistency problem above. It is destined for
>      ZODB 3.3. Based on experience, I expect ZODB 3.3 to
>      be released somewhere near mid 2004.

It's hard to argue with experience, but our goal is definitely to get
ZODB 3.3 to a final release faster than in the past.  I fixed the last
MVCC test failure on Friday and have only to import some cache code that
Tim has written.  I'd expect ZODB 3.3a2 for Christmas.

It's hard to predict beyond that, given that releases will probably
driven more by Zope issues than ZODB issues, but a beta release in
January seems likely.

Jeremy