[ZODB-Dev] [Test failures] ZODB 3.2 beta

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Dec 29 14:19:46 EST 2003

[Dieter Maurer]
> The ZODB 3.2 version in the Zope 2.7 CVS branch (as of 2003-12-20)

Did you mean to write 2003-12-29 there, or is this really from 1-2 weeks
ago?

> causes the following test failures:

That's odd -- I don't see any failures, and the overnight test runner
reports aren't showing these either.  If you're running on a "very fast"
machine, maybe that's relevant.

Also, are you using Python 2.3.3, or some other Python?  I'm using 2.3.3
below.

>  *  all "testFileStorageUndoPack" tests fail

Sorry, I don't know what this means -- there aren't any tests with that
name, although there are *many* tests with "Pack" in their name, and with
"Undo" in their name, and a fair number with both in their name.

>     reason: the "undo" directly operates on the storage (and not on
>     the connection). The check checks the connection root.
>     As the connection is not reopened (or otherwise synchronized)
>     between the undo and the check, accessing the root causes
>     a "ReadConflictError".
>
>  *  the "testCache.LRUCacheTests.checkSize" test fails in
>     "self.assertEquals(d['size'], CACHE_SIZE)":
>      "AssertionError: 11 != 10"
>
>     reason: the root became deactivated (but was still referenced).
>     This resulted in 10 non-ghost objects but 11 objects (as the root
>     is a ghost).
>     This indicates a bug in the LRU implementation. Apparently,
>     writing an object does not update the LRU information.

That test I recognize, but it will apparently run for hours on my box
without failing:

C:\Code\ZODB3-3_2-branch>type cvs\tag
TZope-2_7-branch

C:\Code\ZODB3-3_2-branch>\python23\python test.py -vv -L . checkSize
Running unit tests at level 1
Running unit tests from C:\Code\ZODB3-3_2-branch\build
checkSize (ZODB.tests.testCache.LRUCacheTests) ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK
checkSize (ZODB.tests.testCache.LRUCacheTests) ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK
checkSize (ZODB.tests.testCache.LRUCacheTests) ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK
checkSize (ZODB.tests.testCache.LRUCacheTests) ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK
checkSize (ZODB.tests.testCache.LRUCacheTests) ... ok

Ran 1 test in 0.000s

OK

[etc]