[ZODB-Dev] Adding comments to transactions?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:47:55 -0500

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> Kidding aside, while the subject of transaction history in Zope is at hand:
> I have an application that instantiates an out-of-process Zope.app() via a
> cron'd python script ZEO/ClientStorage, gets a folder inside a CMF site, and
> starts to populate it with new content items.  However, the transaction, and
> subsequent notes show up in the ZMI in the root folder's undo tab, and not
> that of the folder I am using.  Is there a way to make a transaction behave
> more 'placeful' in the context of Zope, so the transaction history appears
> in the "correct" place (in my case, the portal folder I am working on)?

It's simple, but crude: the first transaction note should be the path to
the object being manipulated.  Zope's undo interface filters the
transactions accordingly.

Feel free to lobby for more meaningful transaction metadata. :-)

Shane