[ZODB-Dev] Data file corruption and recovery

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:45:55 +0000

On Thursday 13 February 2003 2:33 pm, Erik Dahl wrote:
> Yesterday I had a cpu failure on a box that caused the sudden reboot of
> a zeo server.

cpu failure - That sounds bad. How do you know the failure really was sudden,
and that your server hadnt been writing badness into this storage for a while
before the reboot? Did you check the filesystem containing the storage?

> 3. would directory storage handle this situation better

Ive never been able to provoke a failure by pulling the power plug from a
loaded FileStorage.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson