[ZODB-Dev] Tool for exploring raw ZODB data

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:36:44 -0300

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:12:38PM -0500, Jeff Sasmor wrote:
> Your ZODB app probably isn't heirarchically saving
> things in the ZODB - no folder/subobject heirarchy. I

Hmm, is this where the assumption I suspected is made? :-)

AFAICT the ZODB has no concept of `folders', does it? I thought folders
and paths were just a semantic given by us to hierarchies of
PersistentMappings. At least I see no reference to `folders' in the ZODB
source code.

So how does the path mechanism work? It tries to index the
PersistentMapping by using the string as a keys?

Sorry if *I'm* confused - it's just that I have no clear idea of what
folders are, and I've actually used quite a bit of the ZODB.

> made a minor change in the printing code so that
> if what's returned isn't a dict it will just print it
> letting Python figure out the best way to print.

Did you see my change I sent you? It does exactly that, but using
pprint. I also shortcut some of the loops to avoid nesting.

Take care,