[ZODB-Dev] Adding comments to transactions?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:29:15 +0200

> Hmm. They are actually joined with \n\n. I wonder if there is a good reason
> for having two of them.

I would guess that this is to support notes in wikis and such, where the
user is presented with a text area to write a note in. It is reasonable
to replace double-newlines in the text area with single new-lines.
However, it is not reasonable to lose all new-lines.

Of course, ideally transaction notes would be a python object that takes
care of keeping different notes distinct, and perhaps labeling one of
them as a 'path' or whatever.

Is this any better in ZODB4?

--
Steve Alexander