[ZODB-Dev] CMS on top of ZODB

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:52:39 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:
> I am curious whether you think there is an opportunity here to develop a
> "standardized" XML-to-Zope-object serialization of large SGML/XML
> documents.  ParsedXML doesn't really fit the bill, as it doesn't do
> anything special to break nodes across database records.    XMLDocument
> probably doesn't have enough features, and I don't even know whether it
> works or not anymore.

Dropping into this discussion relatively late..

I've done a lot of work in this domain. I can map a single XML document
to a single IIBTree, with some supporting BTrees for collections of documents
to store element names, attribute names and text context.

My work is immature and there are a host of drawbacks, but it has:

  * readonly DOM support

  * beginnings of XML:DB API support

  * beginnings of a very fast XPath query engine. This is where my
    main focus is, besides efficient storage of XML.

It's called forest and the CVS archive can be found here:

http://cvs.infrae.com/forest/

Again, it's pretty immature, but lots of time and thinking went into this.

Regards,

Martijn