[ZODB-Dev] Btrees and Long Longs

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:02:40 +0100

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Is there any change something like this could become distributed along
> with the ZODB (4) eventually? I could also try maintaining this as my
> own extension, though I'm a bit daunted by all the templating magic
> that is going on with BTrees.

As an update, it was easier than I thought, and I can maintain this
outside of the ZODB package now. I'm still getting a casting warning
when compiling some Set code when I use the C 'long long's but overall it
seems to be working well -- I refactored Forest (the XML database we're
working on at Infrae) to take advantage of it. Preliminary tests show
that I can now load larger documents than before without running out of
ID space, though there's a lot of stress and performance testing and
optimization to be done still.

Regards,

Martijn