AW: [ZODB-Dev] DBTab questions...

Harald Ragger harald.ragger@icomedias.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:02:17 +0100

Hi,

Thanks, the second error was my fault: i had no custom_zodb.py in my =
newly
created instance_home.

Harald

Harald Ragger wrote:
---snip-----
> b) ControlPanel--> Database Management:
> Main
> BDB  (as expected)
>=20
> klick on BDB: ok.
> klick on Main: error: (see error 2)
> =20
>=20
> 2) tried to use berkeley as Main storage: (see conf 2)
> seems to be ok, but:
>=20
> it seems still to use the Filestorage Database Data.fs from my default
> installation (even though NOT configured in dbtab.conf):
>=20
> just copied the Examples folder three times:
> Data.fs grows: Berkeley DB doesnt grow
> deleted Data.fs --> Restart Zope --> all my users were gone, as did =
all
> created content (copies of Examples folder)=20
>=20
> wrong configured dbtab?
> did i try things BDTab isn't thought for?

The second error may have happened because the old Zope instance was=20
still running.  Make sure Zope is not running at all, then start it with =

the BDB storage mounted at the root.  Also make sure you have the=20
custom_zodb.py provided by DBTab next to your dbtab.conf.

Shane