[ZODB-Dev] Disconected Error

Alastair Burt burt@dfki.de
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:34:51 +0100

I keep getting Disconnected Errors with my ZEO. They always arise when I
use the undo tab in the ZMI. I see from searching the mailing lists that I
am not the only one to experience these errors arising from undo
behaviour. But, as far as I can see, there is no indication in the list
archives of the root cause of this problem and how to get around it. When I
mount the Data.fs directly, without using the ZEO, there is no problem. Can
anyone tell me what is going wrong?

My system configuration is:

  Zope Version: (Zope 2.6.1 (source release, python 2.1, linux2), python 2.1.3, sunos5)
  ZEO: 2.0.1b1
  Python Version: 2.1.3 (#2, Aug 31 2002, 19:15:40) [GCC 2.95.3 20010315 (release)]
  System Platform: sunos5

Sample traceback:

  Time  2003/02/28 13:32:16.014 GMT+1
  User Name (User Id) admin (admin)
  Request URL http://hal.dfki.uni-sb.de:19080/plone/portal_navigation/manage_UndoForm
  Exception Type DisconnectedError
  Exception Value

  Traceback (innermost last):

      * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
      * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 252, in __call__
      * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 283, in _bindAndExec
      * Module App.special_dtml, line 174, in _exec
      * Module App.Undo, line 93, in undoable_transactions
      * Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 745, in undoInfo
      * Module ZEO.ServerStub, line 130, in undoInfo
      * Module ZEO.zrpc.connection, line 317, in call
      * Module ZEO.zrpc.connection, line 376, in wait

--- Alastair