[ZODB-Dev] standalone ZODB for large Numeric arrays

Kasper Souren Kasper.Souren@ircam.fr
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:09:25 +0100

> Instead of storing data in different formats I would
> like to, eventually, move entirely to ZODB.  I would
> also like to use the functionality and speed that
> netCDF provides.  My ideal solution would be a netCDF
> enabled ZODB that internally stores numerical arrays
> in netCDF.  The ZODB API should be extended in such
> a way that I can tell ZODB to store this object in netCDF.
> Also a switch 'store_all_numerical_in_netCDF' that
> automatically uses netCDF files to store a array
> would be nice.

What is the main reason you want this?
Would using netCDF from inside ZODB really be faster than what ZODB does no=
w?
How do you want to use the netCDF functionality? From inside Python or from=
=20
other software?

Ignore me if I ask stupid questions...

BTW, I just started using ZODB today, I'm also using it for numerical=20
calculations and I really think it kicks ass!

bye,
Kasper